Are you addicted to Twitter? If yes, think twice before tweeting. Nowadays, our world is small, your tweets are going to reveal your character.”show me your tweets and I will tell you who you are” is a present day quote. Although I’m talking about twitter here,these “Do n’ts” are applied to all forms of sociable sites. Here are my “Do n’ts”
- Do not ruffle someone’s feathers, like “I hate my CEO.”
- Do not share your bad work experience, like “I’m fed up with same old routine.”
- Do not reveal company secrets, like “I’m currently working on Stephen Spielberg’s movie, my next tweet would be about the plot within few days.” Just remember it’s against the NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement). Never ever disclose anything, which is harm to your present or previous company.
- Do not post any rumors, It’ll also spoil your image.
- Do not try to tweet about something first, Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
- Don’t expose any location information that could put you at risk. (Mainly for celebrities) Never ever share your location updates using any methods like foursquare, Ubertwitter & etc.,
- Do not forget to delete a tweet, if it hurts someone.
I hope these help the Internet users. Privacy, security and freedom are doubtful on sociable sites because of a thin line between our work environment and our personal life. No other way, it is a part of our society. Enjoy the sociable sites but do not become prey to sniffers (followers). Happy tweeting!
Follow me on Twitter